Tuesday 29 April 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 44

Block 44 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 44 - Nearly Insane Quilt
In her book, Liz Lois admits that she had trouble with this one.  It has four small LeMoyne Star blocks in it, and I knew I had also had trouble with these shapes before.  However I think experience has paid off as for me, it came together first time, and wasn't too much trouble.  Here you can see the completed block resting on some rhubarb leaves!

Block 44 construction - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 44 construction - Nearly Insane Quilt
Whilst I often remind you all that these blocks are just 6" square, it is always hard to get the perspective of the tiny pieces I am working on with my pictures via the internet.  Here are the bits and pieces from my travelling sewing bag, which may give you an indication of size.
Nearly Insane Quilt - Cat Assistance
Nearly Insane Quilt - Cat Assistance
I had the assistance of Suzi the cat when cutting out the pieces.  When she does get involved she is keen to get close to the action - usually the rotary cutting blade!
Nearly Insane Quilt - Cat Assistance
Nearly Insane Quilt - Cat Assistance
Check out this action shot - such is the fast paced world of patchwork and quilting!

NUMBER OF PIECES:  84
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle  11/16" (18mm) x 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle  2 1/2" (63mm) x 3/8" (10mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Cream Heart Paisley # 14766-15, Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson, Moda
"Friendship" (Tonal Red) by Howard Marcus for MODA (Collections For a Cause) # 46130
Red Sprig on Cream (Unidentified)
Pearlescent dot (Unidentified)
Red pindot (Unidentified)

 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely little LeMoyne stars! Did you piece them in pairs and then the two halves together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block deserves a big WOW! I'm hand piecing Farmer's Wife blocks at the moment, so I certainly appreciate the size of your blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cat was the trick,I need a kitty!

    ReplyDelete