Monday 25 August 2014

Constructing the Nearly Insane Quilt - Update #1

 
Nearly Insane Quilt - Construction
Nearly Insane Quilt - Construction
I have been working on a few different projects lately so I just wanted you all to know that the Nearly Insane Quilt has not been forgotten.  This is the progress so far in terms of putting it together. I love the look as each row gets added, but it takes a long time when you are hand sewing.  What I have done so far seems to be just a drop in the ocean for this stage.

Nearly Insane Quilt (reverse) - English Paper Piecing
Nearly Insane Quilt (reverse) - English Paper Piecing

I thought I would show you a picture of the back.  Yes, all the English paper pieces are still in which is allowing me to keep it dead straight and dead flat.  Until the moment when it is ready to be quilted I am really reluctant to remove the paper, the bias on this quilt is CRAZY!

The stitching on this is SO slow that I am almost a day late for Slow Stitching Sunday  but right on time for Deign Wall Monday.

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow... This is amazing. I am also making this quilt... BUT by hand. Keep up the fantastic work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this,,and I love Red, How can I get the pattern for this quilt.
      Deborah
      johnson.deborah66@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. So nice done in the reds. And so much work involved in making the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking! I know the stitching must go slow, but how can you keep from sprinting to the finish? It is going to be even more stunning than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love red and white quilts. Yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt so far! And I'm sure it will be even more beautiful when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful ! thanks for sharing your process with us - it has been a wonderful journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's stunning....even when only half constructed! Great to see the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning quilt! Love your red and white version. And it's hand pieced? Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY WORD!!! I am almost speechless!! This is absolutely gorgeous and it's not even finished yet!! You have a winner there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete