Tuesday 29 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block I11 Coyote Chase

Dear Jane Quilt - Block I11 Coyote Chase
Dear Jane Quilt - Block I11 Coyote Chase
Only 9 pieces in this block.  If I had chosen to keep the backing as one piece it would have only been 6.  I thought by piecing the backing, I would have the seams as guidelines for placing the centre square - which it did.  In order to place the diamond shapes I folded the fabric (with the paper in the back) on the diagonal.   It all seemed to work out fine.

I have had some queries about English Paper Piecing.  I haven't ever used a book for this as it is something I 'just know' - does anyone else have any good books they use for the technique?  When I remember I will break down the process and do a little tutorial. Watch this space ...

Techniques: English Paper Piecing, Applique
Pieces: 9

2 comments:

  1. I photocopied the pattern which I then cut out for my EPP. If the paper template to used facing the fabric the marking shows through for the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! That is more than most have done in 6 months! I start the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt sew-a-long tomorrow. I plan to use you as my inspiration to keep moving!

    ReplyDelete