Monday 12 October 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block TR7 Norways Fjord

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  TR7 Norways Fjord
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  TR7 Norway's Fjord
Another triangle block done.  I made an alteration to this block.  The original has long slivers up each side, but I have just extended the adjacent blocks to eliminate any unnecessary aggravation during construction. 

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  TR7 Norways Fjord
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  TR7 Norway's Fjord
Here is a picture of the reverse as a reminder that I am doing this all by hand using English Paper Piecing.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 23

4 comments:

  1. Frances, can you recommend a good book for learning English Paper Piecing? It looks like a very precise technique for these intricate blocks. I see that you have actual size templates for each patch to which you have basted your fabric, but I don't understand how you keep them all aligned as you hand stitch them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eliminated those narrow pieces on the sides of the triangles too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you've been asked 100 times, but when do you take the papers out? As you go or just before quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! That is definitely one complicated bit of paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete