Wednesday 14 October 2015

Dear Jane Quilt Update - October 2015

Dear Jane Quilt Update - October 2015
Dear Jane Quilt Update - October 2015
It is my birthday this week, so keeping up with tradition, I am doing an review of my progress on my Dear Jane quilt so far.  As you can see it is a sea of orange, with one lone red block.  In the past two months I have completed

21 blocks 21/169 (12%)
4 Border Triangles 4/56 (7%)

This works out about 10 blocks a month, so an estimated finish date would be about December 2016, unless I win the lottery and my revised schedule allows me to sew all day long...

Dear Jane block preparation
Dear Jane block preparation
With so many little blocks, a lot of time is taken in preparing them in packs ready for sewing.  I think the cutting out for some blocks has taken longer than actually sewing them together.
Dear Jane Electric Quilt software
Dear Jane Electric Quilt software - October 2015
To monitor my overall progress here is the image of the progress so far taken in my Dear Jane Electric Quilt software.  I am enjoying using Electric Quilt for this project as I did with the last sampler quilt.  This image is updated an on the sidebar regularly.

7 comments:

  1. Это так красиво!!! Я восхищаюсь!! Удачи большой))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever with these blocks, love how it's turning out. Hope you get to sew all day long for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane is on my someday list ... I think your approach is a good one. I love the color palette so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! lovely to see all your beautiful blocks together - your organisation is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing tally in just one month! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, just beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete