Wednesday 20 January 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block RR4 Dutch Apron

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  RR4 Dutch Apron
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  RR4 Dutch Apron
After the tiny pieces Virginia's Kite, RR4 Dutch Apron was a quick and easy border triangle to complete.  I also really like the light blue Kim Diehl fabric on this one.

Twenty days into January and I finally think I have finally reached to point I had hoped to be when the year started. I am now thinking about what projects I could be working on besides my Dear Jane.  Having quilted a couple of Lori Holt quilts for my long arm customers I am tempted to do the Bloom Quiltalong which started on Monday.  There some other Quiltalongs starting in January - are you following any of them?

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 15

5 comments:

  1. A tricolour I see...
    I was thinking about a BOM or sew along... but the one you mention seems to be lots of appliqué....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting block. I always wonder about block names but I can see crossed apron strings for this one. I haven't joined any sew alongs yet this year...still trying to finish some UFOs first...but it's probably just a matter of time before I get sucked into one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following your progress on Jane(am behind a few blocks), am working on the Lenzula and Quilt Addicts Anonymous BOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not following any of those three, but I do have 3 other sew-a-longs going. Audrey's Quilty 365 (one appliqued circles each day), the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album quilt (one block a month) and Randy's (Barrister's Block) current circle block. I think I'd better quit for now. Hope you have fun with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also wondering about the Bloom Quilt Along, but appliqué is not my thing (although it would have been a good excuse to practise this technique). I've read about "The Splendid Sampler Quilt Along", it looks like it will be lots of fun, and it's really tempting. The Dear Jane blocks look amazing!

    ReplyDelete