Monday 7 March 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H3 Berry's Baskets

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H3 Berry's Baskets
Dear Jane Quilt - Block H3 Berry's Baskets
Here is Dear Jane block H3, Berry Baskets.  There appear to be discrepancies between the original Jane Stickle quilt, the diagrams in the Dear Jane book and the Electric Quilt Dear Jane software for several of the Dear Jane blocks and triangle borders.  Add to that my 'interpretation' of the block and Chinese whispers have taken grip of the project.  In general I work from the EQ software.  I am not really bothered, but I just wanted to highlight that 'interpretation' is a key description of my Dear Jane journey.  Moving onto other fabric news ...
Kim Diehl Fabrics - Sunday Best
As you can see from this pretty selection, I relented on the new Kim Diehl fabric range 'Sunday Best'.  When fabrics are released in the USA it usually takes several months and sometimes even longer for a range to get to the UK.  I don't know any shops which carry Kim Diehl fabrics regularly, but I have seen a few oddments at Doughtys.  I think I have plenty now for this Dear Jane project and several other King size quilts!

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 22 pieces

1 comment:

  1. The interpretations have been an unexpected and pleasant bonus. This block is definitely curious because the Jane Stickle block shows the triangle pieced with a small dark triangle and a light strip. Frugality or faded fabric? Whisper, whisper, whisper.

    ReplyDelete