Monday 2 May 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block BR8 Thunderhead


Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block BR8 Thunderhead
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block BR8 Thunderhead
This is THUNDERHEAD (BR8).  It sounds like a heavy metal band, but I am sure Jane Stickle was not aware of such a phenomenon in 1863. I had to slice up some of the pieces to get the centre shape, but if you use a busy fabric it is hard to see - which is the intention!

Dear Jane blocks - photo shoot
Dear Jane blocks - photo shoot
Today I thought I would show you a 'behind the scenes' photo of where I take my Dear Jane photos for my blog.  As you can see it is a professional set up, it is my kitchen table which has a skylight overhead.  I place the block on a piece of Kim Diehl fabric, take the photo with my iPad and then transfer it into Adobe Photoshop for a bit of cropping and enhancing, add a Fabadashery label and then post it online.

Here I the UK it is our May Bank Holiday.  At the moment it is raining, so maybe a day of stitching for me.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing Pieces: 32 pieces

4 comments:

  1. It would be interesting to know what Jane would have thought with the popularity of her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember doing this one... but I have looked at my quilt and I do have one like this! Maybe it is because I haven't quilted it yet and so it was a while since I have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your fabric choices. They look so antique. I have a similar photo "studio" set up. Cropping does wonders for the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos look always really good, and it's genius to use the skylight to get an uniform light, even if it is in the kitchen ;-)
    And if you don't tell, it's hard to notice that the pieces are divided.

    ReplyDelete