Friday 27 May 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block LR6 Suzie Q

Suzi the cat
Suzi the cat
Today is the start of a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK. Rain is predicted.  Suzi the cat is pleased as it is an opportunity for her to look adorable and for me to be around to give her more attention.  I have a long weekend on my long arm quilting machine ahead of me and regular followers will be interested to know that I have finally started quilting my Nearly Insane quilt. 
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block LR6 Suzie Q
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block LR6 Suzie Q
As for Dear Jane - I had such a good run stitching blocks on holiday that I have tried to keep up the pace on my return.  So far, so good, but I can see that same old chestnut arising - not enough time in the day.  So here is the Dear Jane block LR6 Suzie Q.  Lots of triangles and an appliqued melon.

Have a great weekend!

Techniques: Applique and English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 25 pieces

6 comments:

  1. Your piecing skill is amazing. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi would like to remind you that she ALWAYS looks adorable, not just on holiday. Being a cat is exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block and such a beautiful and willing helper! Enjoy your long weekend in the rain with lots of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Suzi! Good luck quilting Nearly Insane...I assume it will not be an overall design but quilting each block individually. I hope this doesn't cause you to go insane when the EPP part didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your quilting on Nearly Insane. Another lovely DJ block. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super... At the moment my Nearly Insane is being quilted as well.. It'll be interesting to see how they look...

    ReplyDelete