Sunday 29 May 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 32 - D8, G8, K11, K13 - featuring the Butterfly Quilt


Wash Day - Butterfly Quilt
Wash Day - Butterfly Quilt
Despite the predicted rain, this Bank Holiday weekend has turned out quite pleasant.  An ideal day to get a large quilt washed and dried.  This is my Butterfly Quilt.  This is the first epic quilt I ever hand stitched and hand quilted and is the quilt which is on the bed for most of the winter.  The details can be found in one of my early posts.
Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 31 - Border Triangles LR6, LR8, RR6, RR8
Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 31 - Border Triangles LR6, LR8, RR6, RR8
It is Slow Stitching Sunday over at Kathy's Quilts.  I am still working on the Nearly Insane quilt on my long arm machine.  If 'slow' means not going fast enough, then yes, I am doing slow stitching. Like Kathy I have a chart marking off my progress and I am enjoying crossing each square off.

So this post is a bit of past, present and future.  An old quit, one approaching a finish once quilted and the ongoing development of the Dear Jane blocks which will one day be a completed quilt.  Draw 32 is back to square Dear Jane blocks, but we are sticking with Yellow.

Draw 32
D8 - Dee Dee's Delight
G8 - Justin's Comet
K11 - Columbine
K13 - Brandon's Star

This draw will be in Yellow
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a good system for drying a quilt.
    I love these DJ blocks with all the tiny pieces! Looks like you are about half way done your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dear Jane piecing is beautiful. I really love that butterfly quilt too. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete