Thursday 18 August 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - 1st Anniversary Edition, August 2016

Dear Jane Block storage
Dear Jane Block storage
Welcome to the glamorous world of Dear Jane!
Yes, here you see my Dear Jane blocks carefully stacked on a random shelf sharing the space with wadding offcuts and an empty mug.  This is the real world.  I now have just over 200 of these and the thought of laying them out for an Anniversary special was too much.  I asked my new Windows 10 assistant, Cortana, if she wanted to do it, but she seemed to lack enthusiasm also.  However, Electric Quilt 5 - Dear Jane Edition was up for the challenge and has provided me with this update.
Electric Quilt - Dear Jane Edition - August 2016 Update
Electric Quilt - Dear Jane Edition - August 2016 Update
I think the situation is looking quite healthy for one year of Dear Jane quilt English paper piecing. Electric Quilt has also highlighted that although I thought I had cut all the remaining blocks, there is still one Orange set which I have overlooked. Great work Electric Quilt!

My blogging of my blocks is hopelessly lagging behind the actual completion of the blocks and the data in this table reflects this.

Blocks

Triangle

Red

25/29


4/8


Purple


10/12


6/8


Blue


20/20


8/8


Green


25/28


8/8


Yellow


34/36


8/12


Orange


44/44


12/12


TOTAL


158/169 (93%)


46/56 (82%)
Sashing
37/312
(11%)
Cornerstones
28/144
(20%)
Triangles
18/56
(32%)

Also the Border triangle extras, sashing and cornerstones are no really going to get me far once I start trying to piece this beauty together.  I need some discipline on working on these.

So, overall, I am pleased with my progress and hope that within weeks (yes, weeks!) I hope to be able to layout all the blocks and triangles to start planning how I will put them together.



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Frances on your progress over the last year - I certainly admire your stamina! I look forward to watching it grow further over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you!!!!
    You've made great progress this year but I don't envy you having to sew all the blocks together and then take all the papers out. That would require a VERY good movie or 3 to get me motivated to remove papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... still the sashing and cornerstones to do... there are quite a lot of them I seem to remember....in fact I miscalculated mine and had to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love the EQ5 progress graphic. I am gradually getting to grips with it as I plan to start a DJ in the not too distant future. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it has been a year! I would say that is atomic speed, especially considering it has all been by hand. Remarkable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete