Monday 26 September 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 47 - B1, C9, C11, D2

Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 46 - G2, G9, I4, L5
Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 46 - G2, G9, I4, L5

Now I am nearing the end of these Dear Jane blocks, I would say that the Dear Jane quilt is harder than the 'Nearly Insane' quilt because of the variety of stitch techniques you need to complete it.  Nearly Insane is all piecing but because the blocks are bigger (6") they are something to get your teeth into and can take a couple of days to complete.  On the other hand you can often fit a Dear Jane block in a day, so it feels like you are finishing them quicker (but you aren't because there are so many of them!) .  Just saying ...

Onto the next Draw

Draw 47
B1 - Batchelor Buttons
C9 - Jane's Tears
C11 - Soldiers and Sailors Monument
D2 - Mouse in the Mirror

This draw comes with a RED ALERT applique warning, but I am looking forward to it as there are actually only a few pieces in each block.
This Draw will be in YELLOW

2 comments:

  1. Well, some people would say that you are nearly insane for tackling both of them! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feat to have accomplished both these amazing quilts. Not many people are able to do a personal comparison of both as you can do. I have loved every block of your journey living vicariously through my blogging friends as I do. LOL

    ReplyDelete