Friday 11 November 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block I7 Mac and Muff

Dear Jane Quilt - Block I7 Mac and Muff
Dear Jane Quilt - Block I7 Mac and Muff
Here is another pretty purple Dear Jane block, I7 Mac and Muff.  Again I couldn't face appliqueing those tiny triangles onto Dear Jane block I7 Mac and Muff, so I sliced up the borders and pieced it instead.

A quick look around to find a reference to Mac and Muff and I see that it was series of 'Early Reader' books.  Did anyone learn to read with these?  In my day it was 'Dick and Dora'.
'Nearly Insane Quilt' by Frances Meredith featured in British Patchwork and Quilting magazine, November 2016
'Nearly Insane Quilt' by Frances Meredith
featured in British Patchwork and Quilting magazine, November 2016

Other news - my Nearly Insane Quilt is currently being featured in British Patchwork and Quilting magazine, November 2016.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 27 pieces

4 comments:

  1. Congratulation with being featured in the Patchwork and quilting magazin. I will look for that magazin. Nearly insane is a beautiful quilt. Your progrress on Dear Jane is fast.I started in January 2014 and have only done half of the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my day it was Dick and Jane. I loved the pictures in those little readers. Your purples are so beautiful. This is going to be so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled to hear you are getting the attention you deserve. The Nearly Insane is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the magazine article - uou must be thrilled!! Love the effect of those little triangles on Mac & Muff.

    ReplyDelete