Sunday 25 December 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition

Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition  Electric Quilt
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition 
Christmas is a good time to give you all a little present of a long overdue update on my Dear Jane quilt progress.  I am slowly posting the individual blocks on this blog, but it reached a point where I could start to put it together and sitting in front of the telly over the Christmas break is helping me move the whole project on.
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition  Electric Quilt
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition 
All these blocks are actually together and it is great to start having just one big piece to haul around, rather than wobbly piles of 4.5" blocks.  Have I removed the papers yet?  I did remove one line of papers and that showed me that it was not going to be as onerous as the Nearly Insane paper removal (which took 7 whole days!), so it will get done in its own time.
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition  Electric Quilt
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition  Electric Quilt
This is how it is looking as its virtual self, in my Electric Quilt software.  I still have a load of edge triangles, sashing and cornerstones to baste before I can even sew them together into the quilt, which slows me down at the moment.  No statistics either at the moment.  Do you notice one edge triangle not done yet?  That is Jane's Oak - it has proved troublesome ...  Otherwise I am SO pleased to see this quilt come together and I hope to give it a big push over the next week.
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition with Suzi the cat
Dear Jane Quilt - Christmas 2016 Edition with Suzi the cat
Suzi the cat has taken a break from sitting on the Easy Street quilt to check out the Dear Jane progress, but not much sewing from her so far this Christmas season.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas!


8 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful. And precise and flat. And it is so interesting to see the colors mixed with each other--it looks so much brighter and livelier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful Frances! Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you from Iowa! Love your progress, quite an undertaking. very lovely. I hope you have wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful!! Obviously has the seal of approval from Suzi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it is Suzi approved, happily. A great big piece of gorgeousness is what your Dear Jane is now. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - it looks like Suzi has granted her approval!!! Your quilt looks fantastic and I know you must be so proud!! We are :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are absolutely gorgeous! So talented! I am incredibly jealous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are absolutely gorgeous! So talented! I am incredibly jealous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete