Thursday 19 April 2018

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's) Block 9 Box

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's)  Block 9 Box
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's)  Block 9 Box
I tried to do this one before, but it ended up as Block 41, the Friendship Star.  I welded some of the bits together to reduce the number of total pieces in this block.  It meant there were some Y-seams, but they are really no trouble when you are hand piecing.
I usually start a project knowing what I am going to do with it, but in this case I had the fabric and the Farmer's Wife book sitting there and thought I might as well start constructing the blocks and work out the layout as I went along.  Lots of ideas have passed through my mind, but I am thinking I might make up an applique border.  Any thoughts? 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely block - how many in total?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the applique is continuous around the border, it may be hard to travel with. It may also clash with the dense interior piecework. But maybe there is a way to contain the applique within a piecework border (like Dear Jane) that would make it portable.

    ReplyDelete